April is National Poetry Month so I've been doing (almost) daily poetry features. What's better than reading poetry? Making book-spine poetry, of course!
Your challenge is thus:
- Using the titles on book spines, make a short poem at least three "books" long/tall.
- Don't worry about form or meter or anything like that. Just have fun! And don't over-think it - I did the one pictured above in about ten minutes.
- Take a picture of your book spine poem, post it on your blog/Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram/etc., then paste the permalink to that post in the comments to this post.
- You have about six hours. At the beginning of Hour 8 I will use Ye Olde Random Number Generator to pick a random book-spine poem entry.
- The winner gets: Lauren Willig's The Deception of the Emerald Ring on audio read by Kate Reading!
- I'm willing to ship the prize anywhere in the world so get cracking!